Are you like me and need some help figuring out some fun and easy date ideas for the summer season?
Summer can be a difficult season to find time to date your spouse. Kids have more free time, friends have BBQs, churches have functions – where do you fit in a monthly date night with your souse in the midst of it all?
I have some ideas for you!
The summer season is my favorite because there are so many things that you can do that just can’t happen in the winter, fall or spring months. Being outside on a date allows for adult conversation (after all the little ones aren’t around to interrupt!). Since summer will soon be upon us, let’s make some plans for summer lovin’ outdoor dates with our spouse!
Summer Lovin’ Outdoor Date Ideas
- Putt Putt Golf – On top of the benefits of quality time together and adult conversation, the game adds a bit of competitive fun to your date night!
- Walk on the Beach – Kick off your shoes and put your toes in the surf and sand! Collect seashells and then create a date night memento!
- Ice Cream – Take a trip back in time and remember your teenage years! Have fun and be young again together for the night by sharing a banana split!
- Camping – If you have the opportunity to get away for an overnight – take it! Grab a tent and sleeping bags and enjoy spending time talking underneath the stars fireside!
- Drive In – Unlike the movie theater you can talk during the movie at the drive in! Find an old classic showing or the newest comedy and have fun laughing and chatting through the movie together.
- Hiking – Take on a challenge and reach the top together! Make sure to take along a camera and snap a picture of you at the peak to remind yourselves that together anything is possible!
- Water Sports – Rent a motor boat, jet ski, canoe, kayaks or a sailboat and spend the day out on the lake!
- Amusement or Water Park – These are NOT just for kids! Grab a couple tickets and enjoy fun in the sun riding rides without little people tugging on your hands.
- Go Karts – Hit the racetrack and have fun driving a bit recklessly while racing your spouse around the track.
- Baseball – Watch a minor league game and enjoy cheering them on while eating hot dogs.
It is easy to neglect your marriage – and ultimately your spouse in the summer when crazy schedules take over your family. I hope that these fun outdoor summer date ideas help get you and your spouse the time together that you need!
What are your favorite summer date ideas?
Don’t miss out on our other marriage tips!
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Misty Leask (see all)
- 10 Summer Lovin’ Date Ideas - July 4, 2016
- Hope for the Wife Whose Husband Enjoys Being Alone - June 6, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Husband’s Day Special - April 4, 2016
- 5 Tips to Love Your Life as a Wife - March 7, 2016