I wear many, many hats. Some days it seems as though I am working for everyone but my family. It is hard and very overwhelming. I am sure that you can relate. I wanted to share with you 5 things that I am doing to become a better mom.
- Watching the tone and the volume of my voice. – I am a yeller by nature. I don’t like that about myself but it is true. I am working very hard to stop yelling and start loving. It is important to me that my children remember me as being fun and loving not uptight and bossy.
- Taking time out of the day for myself. – This may seem counter intuitive but if I am not recharging myself then there is nothing left of me to give. I do not make this a big deal. This time can consist of reading before bed, painting my toe nails, or getting up a few extra minutes early to exercise (I don’t do that one near enough.)
- Listening more and talking less. – Who doesn’t like feeling heard? I have realized that I do not do a very good job of listening to my children. Sure I hear them when they talk but I am usually not listening. I am making it a point to engage with them and listen more.
- Being a better wife. – My children must see me loving their father. It is very important that they know that he is my best friend. That he and I have a strong relationship. I think that this will help my children feel more secure with not only me but also in their role in the family.
- PRAYING – That one may seem like a no-brainer but I am trying to become more intentional about praying for and with my children. I am praying specifically for and over them. Praying for the desires of their hearts as well as the conditions of them.
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Stephanie Eidson (see all)
- Free Student Planner for Limited Time - August 18, 2017
- The Key to Homeschooling Without Stressing Out - August 15, 2017
- The Big Book of Color and Copywork Solar System Edition - August 13, 2017
- King Cobra Facts Color and Copywork - August 11, 2017