I love having breakfast for dinner and quiche is one of my go to recipes for it. Quiche is highly customizable to your family’s likes and dislikes and is perfect for using up leftover cheeses, meats, and vegetables.
You’ll notice that the spinach and cheese have variable amounts so you can adjust those according to your family’s tastes. We love spinach so I use the full 16 ounces.
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie shell/crust
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 10-16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1-2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- a couple of pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over moderate heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until softened and translucent. That should take about five minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Layer the chicken, spinach and cheese in the pie crust. Top with the cooled onions and garlic.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, half and half, and salt. Pour over the ingredients in the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes. The center of the quiche should still jiggle slightly.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Serve the chicken, spinach, and mozzarella quiche with fruit and buttermilk biscuits or English muffins.