Welcome back to our Confessions series. I am so glad you stopped by.
I am a bit embarrassed to admit this to you but since this is a confessional post I am going to just put it out there. My house stinks! There I said it.
In this house we have a small dog, two pre-teen children, a husband who works in construction and sweats (a lot) a ton of trash, and no dishwasher. All of that adds up to a very stinky house. Especially when I am three days behind on work and have to focus my attention elsewhere.
Cue my nose saving, favorite cure-a-stinky-house thing on the planet… Purify.
I know what you are thinking… Here comes another essential oils pitch. Nope, that isn’t my style. You know that by now!
It’s just that I can’t tell you enough about how I love this oil. I am not that crazy oil lady who uses e.o.’s for everything but this is one thing that I use nearly every day. I used candles and sprays for years but found that they never really got rid of the stinky house, they just masked it.
Why I love Purify for my stinky house
- It smells good! Really good. The top notes are lemon grass followed by a slight minty aroma.
- It works. I can put 6-8 drops of the oil in the diffuser in any given room and wait 5 minutes and the stink is gone. It doesn’t just mask the stink, it disperses the oil throughout the air and quite literally purifies it.
- It is easy. Using Purify is as easy as adding a few drops to the diffuser or spritzing a few sprays from a spray bottle to clear the air.
- It is safe. No flames, no harsh chemicals, no over-the-top fragrance. It is organic and 100% pure!
How I use Purify
- I diffuse it often and in many rooms at once. It is the quickest and easiest way to get the air in the entire house clean. I honestly have 4 diffusers throughout the house. It just makes life easier having them in different rooms rather than moving it.
- I made a spray. It is super easy. Just mix 1/4 cup vodka with about 20 drops of purify oil in a glass bowl and allow it to sit for 8 hours to distribute the oil molecules through the alcohol. Then pour into a glass sprayer and fill with water. Make sure that you store this in a glass spray bottle. Swirl (don’t shake) before use.
- I spray everything! I spray the stinky shoes, the dog bed, the carpet after vacuuming, rugs, you get the picture. I use it all over the house to help clean things up.
What is Purify
Purify is a blend offered by Rocky Mountain Oils. It has been known to help with bacterial growth – think stink, virus, and infection. That makes it the perfect oil for cleaning the house and ridding us of stink. This synergy is perfect for bug bites, small scrapes and cuts, and can repel bugs and mice. I mean, come on, tell me that doesn’t make you wanna buy a bottle or forty!
Ingredients: Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender, Myrtle, and Citronella.
There are other oils that I use often in the diffuser and around the house to help with the stink but this is my go-to, most favorite.
Rocky Mountain Oils has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, 90-day return policy, free dome stic shipping process and GC/MS test reports for all essential oils, PLUS the S.A.A .F.E. Promise lets their customers know they can trust them and their products.
What do you use to help with stinky house other than candles and sprays? Do you have a favorite oil blend? I would love to try it out!
Here is some encouragement to help you get your home clean and organized.
- 4 Ways to Motivate Your Children to Help You Clean
- Surviving Housework with Kids
- How to Keep Your Homeschool Table Clutter Free
- Teach Your Children to be Helpful
- Teach Your Children to do a Job Well
- To the Mom Who is Doing it All Wrong
- Confessions of a Stinky House
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Stephanie Eidson (see all)
- August Planning Pack for Children Free for Limited Time - July 13, 2018
- I don’t have the patience to homeschool my children. - June 25, 2018
- Scripture for Helping with Forgiveness - June 19, 2018
- FREE July Planning Packs for Children Limited Time Offer - June 16, 2018