Side dishes are one of the things I like least about cooking. I have the hardest time coming up with new and easy ones so most of the time it’s steamed broccoli, corn or, when salad fixings are in season, salad. This grilled vegetable medley is perfect for the warmer months because you can cook both your main dish and side right on your barbecue grill.
This combination of yellow squash, zucchini, bell pepper and onion is versatile because you can vary the amounts of the veggies easily. If you don’t have a grill or the weather isn’t conducive to being outside you can make it on a grill pan or an electric counter top grill.
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 bell peppers, colors of your choosing
- 1 large sweet onion. I used Vidalia
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Seasoned Salt to taste
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and yellow squash and slice in half vertically
- Remove top from bell peppers, slice in half, remove seeds and membrane
- Cut off the ends of the onion, peel, and slice into thick rings, taking care to leave the rings intact
- Brush the cut side of the veggies with oil and season with the seasoned salt
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until as tender as desired
- Remove from grill, slice and serve
Serve with easy Italian grilled chicken for a quick and delicious supper that won’t heat your house up.