Are you children asking you each and every day to countdown to Christmas?
My children have been trying to keep count on their own but typically ask me each day.
Most children are creatures of habit and they will ask you this over and over.
Knowing that, I decided to create a fun and interactive countdown that my children can use and know exactly how many days are left until Christmas.
The Paper Chain Countdown to Christmas Brings Back Memories
I remember fondly how much fun it was to create and break paper chains when I was a child.
My mamaw and I would sit at her kitchen table and cut out strips of colored paper and write different things on them. Some would be countdowns, what we are thankful for, or even just decorations.
One year we made one in green and red and we strung it around her Christmas tree.
Those memories are what spurred to me create this fun and easy activity for my children and for yours.
The best part is, no matter if you celebrate with Santa or not, there is an option for you.
How to use this activity:
Creating this countdown is as simple as it can be.
- Print the pages of strips off. You can choose between the Nativity Theme or the Santa Theme.
- Then cut the strips out, keep them in order!
- Glue or staple the strips together to create a chain.
- It is so simple your children can do it themselves.
Grab yours now!
Get the Nativity Themed Paper Chain Countdown to Christmas
Get the Santa Themed Paper Chain Countdown to Christmas
Did you get these?
20+ Page Printable Christmas PackFree!
A Night with Santa Coloring Pack
A Night with Santa PreK Fun Pack
Chinese New Year PreK Fun Pack
Christmas Menu PlannerFree!
December Planning CalendarFree!
Gift Wrapping ChecklistFree!
Gingerbread PreK Fun Pack
Holiday Music GuideFree!
Holiday Program GuideFree!
Jesus Was Born Writing Prompts UEFree!
Jesus Was Born Writing Prompts YEFree!
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by StephanieE (see all)
- Should You Change Your Homeschool Curriculum? - January 16, 2017
- My Character Matters Jr Edition - January 16, 2017
- Children’s Planning Packs for February Free For Limited Time - January 13, 2017
- New My Prayer Journal - January 10, 2017