Welcome friends, I am so glad that you have joined us today!
My children are not auditory learners. Getting them to absorb what they hear when we are listening to them seemed nearly impossible. They sit there and pretend to listen and then when it comes to reviewing what they have been learning they sit and stare blankly at me. Talk about frustrating. As my children have grown I am seeing more and more the value of them using audio books and tools to learn. I am so excited to tell you about something new we have been using, in a minute.
I am so excited to share with you today about these new audio series from my friends at Heirloom Audio. I am teaming up with them to tell you all about their fabulous audio books. While this is a sponsored post any opinions expressed are my own (because I am not a great mind reader).
Why Audio Books are Important to Learning
- They inspire learning in an independent way.
- It teaches critical learning skills.
- They free up the teacher in order to be able to teach, plan, or do other things.
- It opens an entirely new world of books and learning.
That is why I wanted so desperately for my children to learn to love audio books. I want them to foster an independent sense of learning so that I can be freed up to do other things while they are working through school. Also, it is good for long car trips!
What has changed it for us…
I have started using the audio adventures in our home in many ways. I don’t insist that my children focus solely on the audio they are listening to. Instead I use them along with other things we are doing. Here are some ideas for you…
- Play the audios in the car and listen as you are riding around
- Have these audios on for background sounds as you are doing other school work
- Listen as you are building with blocks, coloring, or doing other things that don’t require a lot of attention
About the Adventures
Heirloom Audio has put together a series of audio adventures that are so much fun for any child. Each audio is based on the G.A. Henty novels. These audio dramas are each set to a different theme and story line. Each adventure features different narrators that we all know and love including Kirk Cameron and other familiar voices.
Our Favorite Audio Adventure (for the time being)
We enjoyed this one because it is a tale of strength, courage, and character! It has everything action, adventure, history, and all set in a Christian worldview. My sons interest was piqued from about 3 minutes in until it was over. Even I would find myself sitting and listening in.
As of now there are 6 different audio adventures available. You can choose between Beric the Briton, With Lee in Virginia, and more. See them all HERE and decide which one you want for yourself.
We cannot wait to start our next adventure!
Have you ever listened to any of these audio books? I would love to hear your thoughts as well!
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Stephanie Eidson (see all)
- Animal Habitat Games Limited Time Subscriber Freebie - October 16, 2017
- November Planning Pack Free for Limited Time - October 13, 2017
- The Gratitude Tree – Limited Time Freebie - October 9, 2017
- Prayer Card Set for Moms - October 4, 2017