Have you ever wanted to take an African Safari? I know I would love to travel there and see all of the amazing animals up-close and personal. Since that isn’t an option I thought we could take a virtual field trip to Africa together, through some fun packs. Lets start with Aardvark Facts Color and Copywork!
What kids aren’t interested in fun and weird animals?
The aardvark is fun and weird! It is an animal that looks mixed between a dog/pig/ant eater! See, weird!
Did you know that the aardvark has the nickname ant bear.
Your children will learn that and 9 other facts in this new Aardvark Facts Color and Copywork pack!
Who is this pack for:
This pack is perfect for children in grades K – 4. It can be adapted for use with older or younger children based on their needs.
This pack includes:
- 10 Full-color pages with facts about the Aardvark
- 10 Black and white pages with facts about the Aardvark
- One Color page lined
- 1 Black and white page lined
- 1 fully lined page
The idea of using this kind of pack is that your children are practicing many different skills while learning about an adorable animal. Choose to print off the color or the black and white version. Then present the pack to your child. They copy the fact on the page including capitalization and punctuation. This is practicing handwriting, spelling, grammar, and hand-eye coordination.
Things I recommend for Color and Copywork:
- Colorful paper – this adds a level of fun to the learning that plain paper just doesn’t do! Print it out on colorful paper and it invites learning.
- Erasable Colored Pencils – again adding color adds interest to the task at hand. An eraser means that if a mistake is made it can be easily remedied!
- Durable binders – this keeps all of the papers in one spot so that there aren’t losses. We all know how it goes when we have loose paper.
- Binder clips – we use these to clip together the pages that are done so we don’t have a ton of flipping from page to page in our binders.
- Divider tabs – if you know me, you know that I love to have my notebooks and such organized. That is why I love to have divider tabs in our copywork folders.
Fun books featuring the Aardvark:
- Awkward Aardvark
- It’s an Orange Aardvark
- Animals in Africa
- African Critters
- Safari So Good
- National Geographic Readers: 1000 Facts about African Animals