April is one of my favorite months of the year. It is the time when things in my part of the world start coming back to life after being in what seems to be a long hibernation. With this process we of course see a lot of rain. This can lead to restless children and stressed out moms if we are not careful.
So what is it that we are suppose to do with children who are going crazy and there is no option to take them outside? We are suppose to join them of course. I have found when my children are driving me the craziest it is because they are bored and they need a bit of attention. So here are a few things that we do to beat the April shower’s craziness.
- Declare a movie day: Movie days can be so much fun and a great time to introduce some of your childhood favorites to your children. It is also a great time to simply have a few good laughs together. So grab the popcorn and curl up on the couch.
- Hide and seek anyone: Hide and seek is certainly not just an outdoor game and it can not only be a great way to get the children’s built up energy out but it can also be a great way to get a few laughs in for mom as well.
- Game day: Dust off the board games and have a board game marathon.
- Have a treasure hunt: Kids will have a blast as they search the house looking for clues. Not only will it keep them busy but it will also tire them out a bit.
- Have a bake off: Some of my fondest memories from my childhood were those that were created in the kitchen. Dare to make a mess and have the kids help you bake up all kinds of goodies.
- Build a fort in the living room: Gather up all the chairs and blankets you can find. This fort could be used for a nap indoors, a book reading session or simply a place to hide out.
- Act out your favorite story books: Have the kids put on a show of their favorite storybook. This one is a win/win because it incorporates so many homeschooling aspects to it.
- Have an art drawing contest: Gather all the kids to the table and have the kids draw till their heart is content. Afterwards they can all vote on their favorite.
There are just a few of the things that we like to do to beat the rainy days in April. The main thing is to simply have fun. I would love to know how you spend you April showers days.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring For Him,