Welcome back to our Confessions series. I am so glad you stopped by.
Today I am going to share with you a confession about my every day life. I am a work-at-home mom and that means that I am constantly doing, going, and making. I am a graphic artist by trade and a blogger. Add to that the fact that I also homeschool our children and am a wife and you will find that I am never ever still. I guess that is why they call me the multi taskin’ mom?!
- I feel guilty – often. *sigh* I guess all working moms feel guilt. It is part of being a mom and knowing that your children depend on you and need you; and that your family also needs you to bring in income to help pay bills. Since my children are homeschooled and I work in the home they see me in front of the computer a lot. I feel so guilty most of the time. A friend told me one day that I should never feel guilty for working. That my children are here so they see me working where if I worked outside of the home they wouldn’t see me working but I would still be working. That did help. But when I need to complete a project and the kids are wanting to play with me it makes it hard to not let all of that guilt creep right back in.
- I am constantly busy. Even when I am getting ready for bed I am busy doing something. I am always developing new blog posts ideas, printable packs, a blog design, or trying to figure out how in the world I am going to get that last basket of clothes put away. Working at home means I am hardly ever away from the home. The kids are here so the dishes pile up and so do the messes. I am learning to delegate and let go. However I cannot ignore a dirty toilet or neglect a sink of dishes (for too long anyway!)
- I am helpful. I feel so blessed to be able to work from home. Being here means I can be with my children and still bring in a steady income. My income allows us to be able to afford our wants not just our needs. Having my income takes a lot of stress off of the shoulders of my husband. He works a very physically demanding job and I would love to be able to retire him and bring him home. Maybe one day!
- I am not great at balancing. I am a work-a-holic. If I am home and not busy with school work with the kids you will find me working. It makes it hard to balance what needs to be done around the home and what needs to be done with work. However if you find me washing dishes or scrubbing floors it is usually because I am not in a creative mood or I am putting off a huge deadline. One could call me a procrastinator.
- I am tired. So, so tired.
Truth is much of this can be said for any mom. I believe that no matter what season we are in as mothers we feel many of these same issues on a daily basis. I am growing into my own and developing new ways to cope with a lot of the negative that goes with owning a business and working hard to make the positives of owning a business even greater.
There are days that I would love to throw in the towel and turn off the computer. But we all know that I could never do that. I wouldn’t know what to do with myself!
So, there you have it. There are some confessions I have about being a work-at-home mom.
Is there anything you would add to my list if you work from home?
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Stephanie Eidson (see all)
- Swan Facts Color and Copywork - July 20, 2018
- 15 Shark Themed Resources - July 19, 2018
- 6 Essential Oils That May Help With Anxiety - July 18, 2018
- August Planning Pack for Children Free for Limited Time - July 13, 2018