Copywork is a great way to get children engaged in learning, without realizing that they are doing “school” work. Your children get to write out fun sentences about things they are interested in, all while learning about them.
My children really enjoy copywork. Throw some coloring into that and they are ready to get to work with little to no complaining! Now they can work on these fun dog themed pages. Who doesn’t love a cute puppy? I know we sure do!
Learn about how many dogs there are thought to be in the world. Then, explore the different types of breeds. After that you can build on your work by reading, coloring, and watching educational videos.
Learn all about dogs with these fun and engaging printables.
Who it is for:
Children ages 3 and up who are able to use writing instruments.
Things I recommend for Color and Copywork:
- Erasable Colored Pencils – again adding color adds interest to the task at hand. Having an eraser means that if a mistake is made it can be easily remedied!
- Durable binders – this keeps all of the papers in one spot so that there aren’t losses. We all know how it goes when we have loose paper.
- Binder clips – we use these to clip together the pages that are done so we don’t have a ton of flipping from page to page in our binders.
- Divider tabs – if you know me, you know that I love to have my notebooks and such organized. That is why I love to have divider tabs in our copywork folders.
Books I recommend for Dog Facts Color and Copywork:
- Harry the Dirty Dog
- If You Give a Dog a Donut
- National Geographic Readers: Dogs Vs. Cats
- The Adventures of Taxi Dog
- Found Dogs
Each pack includes:
- 22 Total pages
- 10 Copywork pages with fun facts
- 10 Coloring Pages