The biggest things I am asked, and that I ask myself about homeschooling- I’m sure anyone who has publicly thought of homeschooling has asked or been asked. I want to go over those with you, and explain why homeschooling is easier than you think.
First I want to address some of the questions that I have received. Nod your head yes if this has happened to you. 😉
What about Socialization?
What if you put them back in school? Will they be behind?
Are you qualified to teach them?
Now these are just a few. But you get the idea. Let me answer those for you, and tell you why homeschooling is easier than you think.
Homeschooling Is Easier Than You Think!
1. Socialization literally means “the activity of mixing socially with others.”
So don’t stress! I don’t have to socialize my kids. They want to talk to others! They want to have friends! And they do. In fact, most of their friends or people they talk to are older than they are. And they aren’t afraid to say what they feel.
2. I don’t plan on putting them in Public school, but if I did- They would be just fine.
People homeschool for all different reasons. For some of those, Check out my post on Why WE Homeschool. To briefly state it- I don’t want the learning in public school to hold them back. I want them to be confident in their studies, I want them to learn what they want to learn (with the exception of some things being mandatory.) So if you are worried about them fitting back in, just remember, public school standards are really not that high.
3. You ARE Qualified. And there are resources to help you.
You know more about your kids than the government does. Remember that.
Remember that more often than not, its parents that teach their kids to walk and talk and eat, and dress. To live, to be people! And in the old days, it was parents that taught their kids everything. To work, and to be productive. I want to be able to teach my kids how to LIVE, not just how to do math.
There are so many resources out there for those that feel unqualified. Distance charter schools, online resources, free curriculum etc.
So yes, Homeschooling is Easier than you think.
Sure, it is hard. Hard to have your kids there all the time. It’s hard to be in control of their learning. And it’s hard to have that responsibility.
But whatever your reason for homeschooling, remember, it is worth it. And there are so many people out there to help you.
Sarah’s preschool curriculum, Preparing for Preschool, is free for one week only! Be sure to download this curriculum and enjoy using it with your little ones!
Sarah Bean lives in Utah, where she homeschools her two young children. She loves to teach kids to cook and loves finding creative ways to teach. “Some may think they are too young, but tell that to them! My approach is simple. Learning can be found everywhere, every day, in all things. Interest-based learning is what they do best! You can find Sarah at Raising Human Beans as well as on Pinterest, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter.
Join in on the fun of our Homeschooling is… series. Over 30 families share with you what homeschooling is for them and their families. We will have giveaways, freebies – tons of freebies, support, encouragement, and community!
Make sure that you enter some awesome giveaways from our sponsors!!
- **NEW** The Homeschool Garden Morningtime Plans – Enter to win either set! 1 Winner per book.
- **NEW** Learning Through Experience: Preschool Curriculum – Enter to win Learning Through Experience Curriculum: The Preschool Experience
- **NEW** How to Write the Perfect 5 Paragraph Essay eCourse – This course is perfect for both students who are struggling with writing AND students who love to write. I make it fun, easy to follow and comprehensive. Your student will come away from this course as a confident, capable writer.
- **NEW** Holiday Brick Challenge Giveaway – Teach your kids God’s Word while they play with Legos! Children read or listen to Bible passages and then build from their imagination and a pile of bricks using simple prompts to get started!
- Birch Court Books Giveaway – Enter to win a bundle of books from Birch Court Books! Homeschooling materials for children of various ages, how-to books for homeschooling parents, and a game just for fun.
- Practice Monkeys Giveaway – Enter to win 3 months worth of live Suzuki Violin Lessons from Practice Monkeys! Practice Monkeys is LIVE, online, Suzuki violin lessons at a low monthly price for the whole family.
- Wings to Soar Online Giveaway – Enter to win a Personalized Learning Online Package from Wings to Soar Online!
- Carole P Roman Giveaway – Enter to win a bundle of books from Carole P Roman!There is a vast array of diverse series of books ranges from pirates to space fight to princesses and our great world of culture and history.
- Dover Books Giveaway – Enter to win $100 worth of books from Dover!! Improve skills of reading and problem solving and make friends along the way in fun-filled settings.
- Parenting Made Practical Giveaway – Enter to with the Parenting Made Practical Book!