As parents of multiples on the thing we all want to achieve is for our children to have a thriving sibling relationship. Being a homeschooling family is actually the ultimate way to create thriving sibling relationships that will last a lifetime!
5 Ways Homeschooling is the Ultimate Way to Create Thriving Sibling Relationships
Of course, there will always be those who will not believe that this could be true and some are confused as to how one can actually achieve this with homeschooling. No fear here is 5 ways to create thriving sibling relationships with homeschooling.
1. They learn to work together
Between unit studies, household projects and learning new core subjects together they are building a unified team against the world. Your children are learning each other’s strengths and weaknesses. This will help them all through life!
2. They become each other’s cheer team
It may not seem like it now but as you are carting around each child to their personal extra activities the other siblings are watching. Secretly they are cheering their sibling on and one day it will no longer be a secret. As they grow so will their appreciation for each other’s accomplishments.
3. They develop ultimate best friend status
Because your children are learning new life skills together, tackling new academic subjects together, learning ways to help each other to succeed and so much more they are becoming close knit-best friends. They will walk away from their homeschooling experience together with the greatest love and respect for each other.
4. They are able to actively see how the other processes information
This one may not seem to be a big deal. However, when your children learn how each other processes information they are also able to communicate with each other more effectively! Communication is a huge must in any relationship, including a relationship between siblings.
5. They have a unique bond due to the memories they are building together
Through their homeschooling years, they are creating unique homeschooling adventures and memories that no one else will ever understand. Due to this, they will forever have a bond with each other, unlike any other siblings.
Here is a limited time freebie to help you on your journey!
Inside this freebie, you will find Bible verse to help your children commit to memory what God wants from them and sibling reflection pages that help them think more about their siblings and encourages them to truly get to know each other.
Bridget is a work-at-home mom who knows the struggle of balancing homeschooling, blogging and all of life’s many twists and turns. Bridget has been blogging for 5 years and has been a virtual assistant to many other website owners for 3 years. She is the voice behind Little House in the Cove where she talks about faith, homeschooling, homesteading, marriage and more. Bridget’s main goal is to inspire women to be all that God desires them to be both for themselves and their family. In her spare time, you can find her curled up with a book, cuddle on the couch with her littles or sitting on her front porch enjoying the scenery. You can follow Bridget on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Join in on the fun of our Homeschooling is… series. Over 30 families share with you what homeschooling is for them and their families. We will have giveaways, freebies – tons of freebies, support, encouragement, and community!
Make sure that you enter some awesome giveaways from our sponsors!!
- **NEW** The Homeschool Garden Morningtime Plans – Enter to win either set! 1 Winner per book.
- **NEW** Learning Through Experience: Preschool Curriculum – Enter to win Learning Through Experience Curriculum: The Preschool Experience
- **NEW** How to Write the Perfect 5 Paragraph Essay eCourse – This course is perfect for both students who are struggling with writing AND students who love to write. I make it fun, easy to follow and comprehensive. Your student will come away from this course as a confident, capable writer.
- **NEW** Holiday Brick Challenge Giveaway – Teach your kids God’s Word while they play with Legos! Children read or listen to Bible passages and then build from their imagination and a pile of bricks using simple prompts to get started!
- Birch Court Books Giveaway – Enter to win a bundle of books from Birch Court Books! Homeschooling materials for children of various ages, how-to books for homeschooling parents, and a game just for fun.
- Practice Monkeys Giveaway – Enter to win 3 months worth of live Suzuki Violin Lessons from Practice Monkeys! Practice Monkeys is LIVE, online, Suzuki violin lessons at a low monthly price for the whole family.
- Wings to Soar Online Giveaway – Enter to win a Personalized Learning Online Package from Wings to Soar Online!
- Carole P Roman Giveaway – Enter to win a bundle of books from Carole P Roman!There is a vast array of diverse series of books ranges from pirates to space fight to princesses and our great world of culture and history.
- Dover Books Giveaway – Enter to win $100 worth of books from Dover!! Improve skills of reading and problem solving and make friends along the way in fun-filled settings.
- Parenting Made Practical Giveaway – Enter to with the Parenting Made Practical Book!