Staying busy is my way of life, it’s how I best function and keep myself focused on someone other than me. It really can be a great thing for beating selfishness, but I’m having to take a step back and reevaluate what my busy life needs to look like.
Being too busy has made it impossible for me to be intentional with my time.
Exactly what does it mean to be intentional?
For the last few years God has placed a specific word on my heart, something to focus on throughout the year. A mission for my life.
My word for 2014 is Disciple. Above all I am seeking to disciple my children, pointing them to the Lord in all that they do, every single day. This is how I am determined to be intentional in my time with my children in 2014, and Lord willing for the rest of their lives.
This year though I needed a bit more than just one word, so I started with disciple and branched it out to four categories in my life ~ Spiritual, Marriage, Family and Life. For each category God placed 2 words on my heart.
My focus has been lacking over the last year and a half. My priorities mixed up at times. This year I am resolved to be intentional with my time….my relationships….my life.
It is so easy to get caught up in all that we have to do, want to do and even the things we feel we need to do. Yet, this is often when our focus begins to fail. We must catch ourselves before we lose control, we must remain intentional.
5 Steps to Being Intentional
- Priorities must remain in the proper order ~ God, husband, family, life.
- Begin your day in God’s Word ~ You’ll be encouraged, refreshed and strengthened.
- Have family devotions daily ~ Morning, lunch, dinner or bedtime.
- Pray throughout your day for renewed strength ~ You’re a mom you’ll need it.
- Have a daily to do list ~ Keep track of what MUST be done in your home, plan playing time with the kids, and chatting time with hubby.
Being intentional takes time, planning and effort. It is what our husbands and kids needs from us, they need to know that they’re the most important part of our daily lives. May we refocus our lives on the family God gave to us as a blessing and be intentional in the time He’s given to us with them.
Don't miss out on these articles...
Latest posts by Misty Leask (see all)
- 10 Summer Lovin’ Date Ideas - July 4, 2016
- Hope for the Wife Whose Husband Enjoys Being Alone - June 6, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Husband’s Day Special - April 4, 2016
- 5 Tips to Love Your Life as a Wife - March 7, 2016