Welcome! We are so glad that you are here today. If you are like any other mom out there you want to know just why no one told you about how hard life would be after having children. Guess what, we are going to tell you! We are going to tell you 8 things that no one else would ever tell you about motherhood.
When I was pregnant with our first child everyone told me how wonderful motherhood was going to be. How it was going to be an adventure of a lifetime and how life as I knew it was going to change. No one said that some of those changes would be bad and would cause major hardships.
8 Things They Don’t Tell You About Motherhood:
- Sleep: Just because your child begins sleeping all night doesn’t mean that you will finally sleep all night yourself. Instead, you will spend most nights unable to sleep because you are scared that you are messing up. You will spend hours searching the internet trying to pinpoint the key to successful parenting and you will turn up empty handed because the truth is there is no perfect parenting plan.
- Balance: You will spend more time trying to find balance than you will actually enjoy moments. We have all been lead to believe there is a perfect balance. After all, our FB friends have achieved it just look at their status updates. The truth is there is no such thing as balance and there is certainly no such thing as a perfect balance. You children constantly change, their needs change and your needs change which means that the perfect schedule that worked last week simply will not work this week.
- Marriage: Motherhood will cause conflict in even the strongest of marriages. It doesn’t matter how much open communication that you think you have in place and how much you think that you are both on the same page on all things parenting….You will clash. It honestly is one of the most unavoidable things possible because you both were raised in different homes and no matter how your upbringing may have been similar you will not see eye to eye.
- Self: Every day you will learn a new character flaw about yourself. You will discover all the things that you correct your children about are character traits that you also possess. Is your child stubborn and to strong willed chances are so are you.
- Pressure: The pressure to be a great mother will drive you to the edge of insanity. You want to do a great job and in most cases you are. However no matter how hard you try you will still go to bed feeling as though you failed in some way or another. (See point number 1)
- Critics: There will always be critics. It doesn’t matter if you are a helicopter mom or a free range mom you will discover those who will be more than happy to tell you that you are doing things wrong. There is an unspoken mommy war that you instantly become a part of even if you don’t realize it.
- Friendships: A lot of your friends will disappear. Your non-mommy friends will seem to vanish. It doesn’t happen instantly but it does happen because at some point you struggle on how to relate to each other.
- Lonely: Even in a house full of kids, you will still have days that you feel all alone. This is one reason that social media does so well!! It’s not that you don’t love your children or that they can not occupy your time. However, there are things that you just can not talk to your children about so instead you are left alone with your thoughts which sometimes can lead you to number 3.
Even with all these cons at the end of the day somewhere in between all these cons your child will smile, learn a new skill or say/ do something funny. In that moment, you will realize that all those cons really don’t matter because motherhood totally rocks.