Meatloaf is my all time favorite comfort food. However I don’t make it very often due to the time it can take to make it. These skillet meatloaves have all the flavor of meatloaf in less time.
These would be fabulous served with mashed potatoes, and a green vegetable. Or you could go blue plate special style and serve with your favorite mac and cheese recipe and some veggies.
- 1 pound ground beef. I prefer ground chuck for things like this.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup plus two Tablespoons ketchup divided
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper,
- Combine the ground chuck, garlic, bell pepper, 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, 1 cup breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. If the mixture won’t hold together in a patty add up to another 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Form the meat mixture into 4-6 patties and cook in a large skillet over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes per side or until the patties reach 165 degrees adding 1 Tablespoon ketchup to the top of each patty after flipping ,