- * 52 oz of chicken broth
- * 12 frozen biscuits or 3 cans
- * 2 chicken breast or 4 chicken tenders (boiled)
- ) Pour chicken broth in pan.
- ) Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- ) Pinch defrosted frozen biscuits or biscuits from the can into small pieces and add to broth.
- ) Shred chicken and add to chicken broth.
- ) Cook on low heat, stir often until biscuits start to sink and broth simmers.
But here is my secret—Are you ready?—I bought food at the store the other night that was not all natural!!
Instead of making chicken and dumplings from scratch, I used frozen biscuits from the store.
You know what? They tasted great!
I was able to make something semi-homemade without all the work. It gave me extra time with my boys! And we saved money by not ordering out!
What did I learn?
Even if you are a natural food blogger, it is ok to bend the rules sometimes!